President Timothy Riley has issued a mid-year report about the activities of the National Conservation District Employees Association (NCDEA).
Download the President’s Report here: Download
Riley notes: “Your National Conservation District Employees Association has been very busy this year continuing to strengthen conservation district employee professional capacity and influence national conservation policy by providing leadership and proficiency on the national level. We are very pleased that NCDEA has a complete Board of Officers and Regional Representatives for the first time in many years.”
President Riley encourages NCDEA members to visit the NCDEA website. A new website is being developed by the NCDEA Communications Committee to provider a better user interface, more tools for District employees, and resources every District employee will want to see and utilize. Stay tuned for the launch of the new site soon!
In June, New Hampshire conservation district employees welcomed the NCDEA Board of Directors to NCDEA’s mid-year meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire. The Board invested four complete days in professional development, partnership activities, and Board work.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 through Friday, June 22, 2018 included three full days of meetings broken down as:
- NCDEA Learning Morning
- NCDEA Committees Afternoon
- NCDEA Administrative Morning
- National Conservation Partnership Afternoon
- NCDEA Roll Up the Sleeves Day
As you can probably tell by these descriptive titles, the NCDEA Board had a very busy meeting attending to the business of NCDEA. The NCDEA Board currently meets monthly via conference call and face-to-face twice annually.
NCDEA continues to represent conservation district employees by participating on: National Conservation Partnership Teams, Foundations, and Boards; all of NACD’s Foundation Committees, Resource Policy Groups and Task Forces; and all of the Action Teams of the National Conservation Partnership Planning Committee.
All information regarding the ongoing work of NCDEA is disseminated through the NCDEA communications network of email, phone, mail, Facebook, and Twitter by the NCDEA Regional Representatives and Board Members. This communications network includes many strong state district employee associations that are actively working to advance and support the professionalism of district employees throughout the country, a function of the NCDEA mission.
For any questions/suggestions/input you may have for your NCDEA organization, please do not hesitate to contact your regional representative, or contact Rich Duesterhaus (NCDEA Executive Director) (email@example.com) or Tim Riley (NCDEA President).
The list of available NCDEA documents:
- 2018 NCDEA Annual Report (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Don Aron Scholarship Brochure (PDF, 155.0 KB)
- Don Aron Scholarship Bylaws (PDF, 13.8 KB)
- NCDEA Awards Criteria and Application Form (DOCX, 18.4 KB)
- NCDEA By-Laws – 2018 (PDF, 74.7 KB)
- NCDEA By-Laws – 2018 (DOC, 72.0 KB)
- NCDEA Don Aron Scholarship Application – 2017 (PDF, 24.1 KB)
- NCDEA Don Aron Scholarship Information – 2017 (PDF, 11.9 KB)
- NCDEA Dues Invoice for States — July 2018 (PDF, 211.0 KB)
- NCDEA Employee Handbook (DOC, 39.5 KB)
- NCDEA History (DOC, 28.5 KB)
- NCDEA Policy and Procedure Handbook (DOC, 758.0 KB)
- NCDEA President’s Report — July 2018 (PDF, 34.9 KB)
- NCDEA Strategic Plan — September 2016 (DOCX, 26.9 KB)