Available now is a new handout from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) about the 2018 Farm Bill!
In the “Conservation Overview,” the handout summarizes the conservation benefits of the Farm Bill:
- Strengthens and expands support to producers who address significant natural resource concerns through adoption of conservation practices and activities.
- Ensures that voluntary conservation programs balance farm productivity with conservation benefits so the most fertile and productive lands remain in production while land retired for conservation purposes favors more environmentally sensitive acres.
- Supports conservation programs that ensure cost-effective financial assistance for improved soil health, water and air quality, and other natural resource benefits.
- Encourages entry into farming through increased access to land and capital for young, beginning, veteran, and underrepresented farmers.
Other sections cover these topics:
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program
- Conservation Stewardship Program
- Agricultural Management Assistance Program
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program
- Healthy Forests Reserve Program
- Regional Conservation Partnership Program
- Other Farm Bill Programs
Here’s the handout:Handout - What's New in the Farm Bill - 2-26-2019