JOB OPPORTUNITY: CHIEF ENGINEER
- Applications accepted through July 12, 2019
- Salary: $83,311 – $119,496
The Chief Engineer leads a group of engineering professionals in implementing statewide conservation projects and programs that protect, enhance and restore state soil and water resources in partnership with federal and state agencies, local governments and private landowners.
The Chief Engineer has provides leadership in the development, interpretation and implementation of agency-wide policies, is responsible for representing the agency and in ensuring that agency projects and programs achieve state soil and water protection and restoration goals.
- Registered as a professional engineer or eligible for registration in Minnesota
- Five years professional engineering experience
- Knowledge of conservation science, wetland restoration, and civil or agricultural engineering
- Leadership and program management experience
- Ability to communicate on complex topics
- Managerial skills and experience in overseeing budgets
The Board of Water and Soil Resources is the state soil and water conservation agency, and our staff of dedicated conservation professionals administer programs that prevent sediment and nutrients from entering our lakes, rivers, and streams, enhance fish and wildlife habitat, and protect wetlands. The 20-member board consists of representatives of local and state government agencies and citizens.
For more information on the position, qualifications and the application process, please visit:
- The BWSR Website: http://www.bwsr.state.mn.us/careers/index.html
- The State of Minnesota Careers portal: https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
For more information contact:
Assistant Director for Programs and Policy Development